Sunday, January 31, 2010

Night 1 01/31/10 Spaghetti and Meatballs

Tonight was not originally going to be the first night of the Supper Club, but I had a bag of frozen meatballs I threw in the slow cooker in the early afternoon, so that turned into a roommate dinner. As an Italian-American, I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I did not make the meatballs or the sauce from scratch, so maybe if I get the recipe from my mom or grandma, I'll make an attempt. Anyway, I spent today doing research at home, so I decided to try something in the slow cooker.

The meal was very simple tonight:

1 bag frozen meatballs
1 jar of spicy basil tomato sauce
angelhair pasta (for 3 people, I used about a 1/3 of a box)*

I put the frozen meatballs in the slow cooker with a whole jar of sauce. It took 3 hours for them to cook. I then made the angelhair and dumped it right in the slow cooker, mixed it together, and voila, easiest Sunday pasta meal ever.

Real simple. Real good. The kicker was the spicy basil tomato sauce. And if I hadn't killed my basil plant last week, I would have chopped some fresh basil and added it on top.

*Here is my tip for measuring how much pasta to cook, cause I find it to be a difficult thing to measure. When you bunch the uncooked pasta together in your hand, 1 serving should be about the size of a quarter.

Tonight's dinner was embarassingly easy. I promise something fancier this week.

1 comment:

  1. She'll never get the meatball recipe from her grandma... she's a liar!

    ReplyDelete