Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Air Force Village Chapel Competition!

So tonight's post is not food related. An equal part of the blog will be about architecture and my life as a architecture student, as because that life is busy, I got take out tonight. But this post is some big news! Last semester, I entered a national design competition sponsered by the Air Force Village in San Antonio to design a chapel. We did this as a studio project and I worked with an awesome partner, miss Amy Leong. Anyway, results of the competition were just announced and we received second place! This was my first design competition entry and my first win! The cash prize was a cool $1000 to be split between the two of us. And the first prize went to our amazingly talented studio mates Kyle Keaffaber (yes the same Kyle that gave me the stir fry recipe) and Jonathan Edens! Good work boys! It is huge for both the first and second prize to go to Clemson University students!

I won't be posting any pictures just yet because we aren't sure if we are allowed to or not. But as soon as we can, I will post images.

Check back tomorrow for round 3 of the HCSC! What will we cook up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment