Thursday, February 11, 2010

Night 6 02/10/10 Chicken Enchiladas

Since these are all catch up posts, this is actually about last night's dinner. I made chicken enchiladas for the HCSC, and they were made in quite the hurry. I don't have any pictures, but these are something I make pretty often, so eventually I'll make it again and take a picture.

Here we go:

1 small rotisserie chicken
1 block of cream cheese
1 4.5 oz. can of chopped green chiles
1 can of green chile enchilada sauce
1 package of tortillas (8 count)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Break down chicken and shred or chop up the meat. In a large skillet, combine the meat, cream cheese, and chopped chiles. Stir the mixture together. As the cream cheese melts, it will make the enchilada filling.

2. Spray a large casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread some of the mixture into each tortilla, roll up, and place into casserole dish with the seam down. After all 8 are assembled and in the dish, pour the can of enchilada sauce over top. Then sprinkle with shredded cheese.

3. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese melts and tortillas get crispy.

Normally, I make these with regular chicken breasts. For 8 enchiladas, use 3 chicken breasts. Cut into chunks and cook in the skillet, before adding cream cheese and chopped green chiles. I wanted to try this dish with a rotisserie chicken, and I think it was equally good.

This is one of my favorite dishes, and I recommend everyone try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment