Monday, February 22, 2010

Night 9 2/17/10 Pad Thai!



So I originally was going to make pad thai from scratch tonight, as it is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time. However, in wanting to save money, I decided to buy the box pad thai, which comes with the noddles and sauce. On most boxes of pad thai, there is the detailed recipe on the back, so that is generally what I followed to make it. I also used my roommates wok for the first time, and it makes cooking so much easier! The size and shape makes tossing together the ingredients so much easier. I am now a permanent wok user for all my stir-fry/pasta dishes. Here is my pad thai recipe:

1 box of Pad Thai (comes with noodles and sauce pouch)
sliced green onions (use 2-3)
2 eggs
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly slided
1 can of bean sprouts (or 2 cups of fresh ones if your store has them)
1 tablespoon of olive oil

1. In the wok, scramble the two eggs, then set aside. In the same wok, next heat the olive oil. Cook sliced chicken breasts in oil.

2. Add in sliced green onions and bean sprouts and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the eggs back in and stir all ingredients together.

3. In a large saucepan, boil the water to cook the noodles. Once cooked, add the noodles and sauce pouch to the wok, and mix everything together.

4. Garnish with chopped peanuts and lime wedges.

WORDS OF ADVICE:
1. The sauce that comes in the box will never taste just right. We added some soy sauce and teriyaki sauce to enhance the flavor.

2. Don't skip the peanuts! It's my favorite part of the pad thai, and the little bit of crunch is really good in the dish.



One of these days, I'll make the sauce from scratch. One of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment