Thursday, February 11, 2010

Night 7 2/11/10 Pasta with Clam Sauce



Ok all caught up with the dinner postings! I'll start this one off by talking about the care packages my wonderful mother and grandmother sent me! My grandma sent me a package of all Valentine's Day treats, snacks, and other goodies! She sent a lovely Valentine's Day card along too (complete with the 20 spot). Thanks Grammy! And then my mom, Rosanne, also sent a package. My mom knows about the HCSC project and the blog, so she sent me a little recipe book and some of her recipes, and all the non-perishable food items required to make them! It was seriously the most thoughtful care package ever! Thanks so much Mom! I'm so excited to start making some of her dishes, even though they probably won't be as good as her originals. So tonight, in honor of my wonderful mother, I made one of her recipes, Linguine and Clam Sauce (although I didn't have linguine noodles, I made it with spaghetti.)

Here is the recipe:

2 10 oz. cans of whole baby clams
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons butter or margarine (I used margarine of course)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup minced parsley (I had to skip this, because I didn't have any)
1/2 box of linguine (or whatever noodle you have)
salt to taste
parmesan cheese

1. Drain clams and set liquid aside. In a medium sauce pan, combine butter and olive oil. Cook the garlic in the mixture for about 2 minutes. Add the clam liquid and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.

2. Add clams and heat through, stirring periodically. Add salt to taste (I added only a pinch.)

3. Prepare pasta and pour clam sauce over top. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.

This dish was a hit! I loved it and it reminded me of home. This was Lindsey and Pat's first time eating clam sauce, and they said they liked it. This dish was really easy and will definitely be made again.

I don't know what our weekend dinner plans are, but all I know is I've got some more Shovlin family recipes to try out!

Happy eatings everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what that delicious looking lunch you had today was! Why have you not have me over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Nat, thanks for the ink! Love you, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete