Monday, February 22, 2010

Night 10 2/18/10 Tortellini Pasta Salad



So about a week ago my mother sent me a care package from back home in Ohio. She knows about this little cooking experiment, so she themed her care package in accordance with the HCSC! She sent me a little recipe box, which some of her signature recipes included, and then the canned or bottled ingredients necessary to make them. Thanks again Mom! This recipe was one of the ones she included. It's super easy and really delicious!

I should also note that I am way-behind in my blogging, and this dish was made about 5 days ago, so I dont remember the accurate sizes of the ingredients I am mentioning. But hopefully, you'll understand what I mean.

Here we go:

1 bag of uncooked cheese tortellini
1/2 bottle of italian dressing
1 can of sliced black olives
1 bag of romaine lettuce
1 container of feta cheese
1/2 bottle of ceasar dressing

1. Prepare the tortellini in advance the night before. Cook the tortellini as specified on bag (just like any pasta, cook in boiling water.) Toss the tortellini in the italian dressing, and let marinate overnight.

2. The next day, simply add the olives, feta, and romaine, and toss with the ceasar dressing. And ta-da, it's ready to eat!

This takes just minutes to assemble when you are ready to eat it, so consider this meal when you need a quick dinner. We had a busy day in studio and came home and had dinner ready in minutes!

A big thanks to my mom! Keep sending the yummy recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment