Monday, February 22, 2010

Night 11 2/22/10 Cornbread Casserole



I want to start this post by declaring my love for Paula Deen and her amazing cornbread casserole recipe. As my roommate Lindsey said today, "Thank you Paula for making it okay to add a stick of butter to everything." I have had a couple boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix on hand for a while, so today I googled cornbread recipes and found this one. It is an original Paula Deen recipe, and believe me when I say it is incredible! I followed the recipe almost exactly. Here is the link to the original recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/corn-casserole-recipe/index.html

Here is my slightly adjusted recipe:

2 boxes of Jiffy corn bread mix
1 stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup of sour cream
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of creamed corn
1/2 cup shredded cheese.

Note, the only thing I changed was adding a second box of cornbread mix.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together, corn bread mix, 2 cans of corn, sour cream, and melted butter. Spread the mixture is a 13x9 greased baking dish.

2. Bake for 45 minutes. Add the shredded cheese on top, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.

WORDS OF ADVICE:
1. I served the casserole with a can of beef stew I had on hand. I bet it would be really good with some homemade soup or chili.

2. To serve it, I put the casserole in the bottom of a bowl, then poured the soup on top. It was amazing. Hands down one of my favorite recipes so far.

Thanks for reading and catching up on our recipes! More to come very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment