Thursday, February 11, 2010

Night 5 2/07/10 Superbowl Party

Well hello everyone. So it's been almost a week since my last posts, and although I haven't been posting, I have indeed been cooking. As promised, HC512 delivered on a superbowl bash! We had a total of 30 people cramped into our apartment, with some even standing in the kitchen throughout the game. The party was appetizer pot-luck, and there were some delicious dishes pulled off by our friends. I'll start with what I made: buffalo chicken pizza, margarita pizza, and chocolate cream cheese cookies. Normally, I would make my famous buffalo chicken dip, but I've grown a bit tired of it, so I made buffalo chicken pizza instead. But no worries, because studiomate Ryan F. made the buffalo chicken dip, and it was amazing! We'll talk about that later...

So here is the first dish: Buffalo Chicken Pizza



And here is the recipe:

1 pre-made pizza crust (I buy mine at Wally World for the low price of $2)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
1/2 ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 stalks of celery, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice raw chicken and cook in a skillet with just a drizzle of olive oil. Toss the chicken in the hot sauce.

2. Arrange the cooked chicken on the pizza crust. Drizzle the ranch over top of the chicken (and make it look pretty.) I also added a few more squirts of hot sauce on hot.

3. Sprinkle cheese and celery on top. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.




The picture above is of both pizzas before they were cooked. I cut the pizzas in half because I don't have a baking stone or cookie sheet big enough for the entire pizza, but you wouldn't need to do this if you are better equipped than I am. The other pizza pictured above is my margarita pizza (which is a recipe from my mother, Rosanne.)

That recipe is as follows:

1 premade pizza crust
2 tomatos (any kind)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh chopped basil
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon italian seasoning (a must have in your kitchen)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, mix olive oil, minced garlic, and italian seasoning. Spread over pizza crust.

2. Arrange sliced tomatoes around pizza crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and chopped basil on top.

3. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.



Now unfortunately I do not have any pictures of my third dish, the chocolate cream cheese cookies. But, they are crazy simple to make in a mini-muffin tin. Here is the recipe:

1 box of Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookie mix
1/2 block of cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar

1. Make the cookie mix as directed on the box (I think it calls for 1 egg, some oil, and water.) In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.

2. Spray some non-stick cooking spray on the muffin tin. Put a very small amount of the cookie dough into each one of the muffin spots (just enough to cover the bottom.) On top of that, add a small dollup of the cream cheese mixture. Then on top of that, add some more of the cookie mixture (enough to cover the cream cheese.)

3. Bake at the specified heat on the box for about 15 minutes.

So, 3 very easy party dishes! Stay tuned for the next post to see what everyone else brought!

No comments:

Post a Comment